Get a fast tenant insurance quote now!

Get your Necessary Renters Insurance

Do I have to have renters insurance?

An AMC Insurance expert can help you to obtain the Tenant Policy that is right for you and your budget. We will put together a policy that covers the bare essentials or a more comprehensive policy that may include such perils as Earthquake and/or Mysterious Disappearance to cover your contents and give you peace of mind if a disaster strikes.

Contents Coverage

Contents coverage pays for damage to, or loss of, an individual’s personal possessions while they are located within that individual’s home. Some insurance policies also provide coverage for personal possessions temporarily taken away from the home by the policyholder.

Liability Coverage

An Insurance coverage that protects an individual from the risk that they may be sued and held legally liable for something such as injury or negligence. Liability insurance policies cover both legal costs and any legal payouts for which the insured would be responsible if found legally liable. Intentional damage are typically not covered in these types of policies. This coverage is included in the premium and starts at one million dollars in coverage. Higher liability limits are available to you at a small increase in the premium for your insurance coverage. Talk to one of our specialists today regarding this coverage on your insurance policy.

Special Coverages

A Special Limit is the MOST that the Insurance Company will pay for insured loss or damage in any one occurrence for a specific type of personal property. The types of personal property that commonly have Special Limits applied to them are:

Money or cash cards (ie. $1,000)

Business property, only while on your premises (ie. $5,000)

Business property of others (not covered)

Collectible cards (ie. $5,000)

Watercraft, furnishings, equipment and motors (ie. $3,000)

Utility trailers, spare auto parts (ie. $1,000 w.r.t. theft and mysterious disappearance)

Jewellery, watches, gems, fur (ie. $6,000)

Coin, banknote, stamp collections
(ie. $1,000)

Each bicycle (ie. $1,000)

Securities (ie. $6,000)

Should you wish to insure these items for more than the Special Limit that applies, they can be added as a scheduled item onto your Property insurance policy for an additional premium. In the event these items are scheduled, there would be a reduced deductible (or in some cases, no deductible), and any claim would be settled based on the scheduled amount of insurance. Some items, such as business property, can be insured under a separate Commercial insurance policy.

In the world of insurance, finding an affordable insurance provider which also offers good coverage is not an easy task. If you are looking for home insurance, car insurance, life insurance or health insurance, we have the information you need to help you make the right choice.