For many, buying life insurance is a tough and complicated process, and it’s okay to feel a bit overwhelmed when making the decision. There’s much more to consider than the simple purchase of a life insurance policy that will protect your family or business. You’ll likely need to take your time when considering how much life insurance is necessary for you and which policy is best for your family.
BC life insurance packages can cover many different scenarios that you may or may not be interested in, so it’s important to review your options carefully with someone who knows life insurance in British Columbia extensively. A good insurance advisor can also help you figure out how much life insurance you need. Purchasing life insurance when you’re over 50 will likely impact your policy as well.
Here are some of the options that AMC Insurance can discuss with you if you’re looking for a BC life insurance policy:
- How long do you want to pay for your policy? With whole life insurance plans, you have the option of paying premiums until you’re 100 years old or paying for 20 years.
- Whether you would like a juvenile policy
- The addition of critical illness insurance and/or disability insurance
- What a Guaranteed Cash Surrender Value (CSV) is and when it develops
- Whether you need key person insurance if you own, or are heavily involved in, a business
- The benefits of buy-sell protection (if a shareholder dies) with business life insurance
- Advantages of buying mortgage protection through a life insurance company
Why You Should Buy Life Insurance
If you’re still on the fence about whether to buy life insurance at your current age (or whether to buy it at all), you’re not alone. We know it’s not an easy decision to decide when, or if, you need life insurance. However, you should consider the following benefits of purchasing a suitable life insurance policy sooner rather than later:
- Life insurance eliminates the need for your loved ones to make difficult decisions about their finances and living situation at a time when they should be focused on grieving.
- Your mortgage and necessary living expenses will continue to be paid off in a similar manner to how they’re currently paid
- Buying a life insurance policy at a young age shows your partner and family that you’re committed to them and are thinking about their long-term future.
- The older you get, the less affordable most life insurance policies become, particularly if you buy life insurance over 50. Also, if you wait until you’re older to purchase life insurance, you run the risk of developing health issues that may complicate the buying process and cause your rates to be even higher. However, if you buy life insurance at a young age, you will be locked into a very low rate.
- Permanent life insurance policies help you build credit over time and buying a policy at a young age means it has more time to grow in value.